Petco Helps Pet Parents Include Pets and Make Lasting Memories Throughout the Holiday Season
More than 11 million pets came into our homes during the pandemic, creating a whole new generation of pet parents who are closer to their pets than ever before and eager to involve their pet family members in the holiday festivities. Nearly 75% of pet parents give gifts to their pets during the holidays, with about half of them spending more on gifts for their pets than other family members.* Petco's holiday collection is the perfect solution for these eager gift-givers with more than 400 unique and festive items for dogs, cats and small animals, all priced under
With more pets in homes than ever before this year, Petco is making it easy for pet parents to include their beloved pets into all the special moments of the season:
- The Anticipation: The holidays create opportunities for pet parents to find new ways to bond with their pets and preparing for the celebration can be just as fun as the holiday itself. To get in the holiday spirit, pet parents can deck the halls with novelty beds and throws; help mitigate nerves and anxiety in their pets with calming treats and chews; start the holiday countdown with treat- or toy-dispensing advent calendars for dogs, cats and small pets; and get their furry family members holiday-ready with a routine veterinary check-up.
- The Family Photo: Pet parents can commemorate the season with a family holiday photo with their pets. Create a cohesive look with matching hats and sweaters for pets and pet parents or get seasonally inspired with a Gingerbread Man Dog Sweater, Christmas Tree
Cat Capeor Secret Santa Bearded Dragon Costume. Pets will be on their best behavior with the help of in-store or virtual dog training and ready for their close-up with Petco's Holiday Grooming Package featuring a seasonal gingerbread spritz and limited-edition holiday bandana.
- The Feast: Food is a central part of any holiday gathering, but common foods, such as turkey skin, grapes, raisins, bones, onions, sweets and spices, can be harmful to pets. Pet parents can create a safe holiday spread with a selection of novelty chews and toys like the Merry Makings Dandy Canes Chicken-Flavored Rawhide-Free Dog Chews or Pie Plush Toy. WholeHearted treats can also add holiday cheer for pets with vanilla-flavored "churros" from the WholeHearted Bakery Collection for dogs or with new, protein-rich freeze-dried cat treats. If a pet accidentally ingests toxic food or other material, contact a trusted veterinarian or the Pet Poison Helpline immediately.
- The Gifts: Holiday shoppers are sure to find the perfect gift for every pet and pet parent on their shopping list with Petco's wide selection of stockings, stocking stuffers, apparel, toys and gift sets. Petco also offers an array of gifts that keep on giving such as a Vital Care membership, PupBox subscription and gift cards.
- The Adventure: Adventure awaits during the holiday season, making it the ideal time to outfit pets in the latest gear like the Buffalo Check Beanie or Reddy Lightweight Primaloft Puffer to help keep them cozy and warm during wintertime outings and travel. Pet parents can also help four-legged friends travel with ease in a Reddy Backpack Carrier or Buffalo Check Sling, and invite them to stretch their legs with a fun Candy Printed Dog Collar and matching leash.
The joy and convenience Petco is bringing to pets and their parents this holiday season comes to life in two new ad spots – "Making Holiday Memories Together" and "Holiday Needs Delivered Same Day" – from the brand's "It's what we'd want if we were pets" platform.
Additionally, Petco Love is teaming up with BOBs from Skechers to celebrate the life-changing power of pet adoption and will surprise animal shelters with
Pet parents can holiday shop in a variety of ways, including in Petco pet care centers, through the Petco app and at petco.com/holiday. Offering comprehensive "Petco & Go" services, featuring same-day delivery, hassle-free repeat delivery and convenient curbside pick-up, Petco helps pet parents get everything their pets need throughout the holidays and beyond. Checkout has also never been easier with multiple ways to pay for pet purchases, including the Petco Pay credit card and
*Statistics from 2021 Petco consumer survey of 1,000
**In-store only through
About Petco, The Health + Wellness Co.
Petco is a category-defining health and wellness company focused on improving the lives of pets, pet parents and our own Petco partners. Since our founding in 1965, we've been striving to set new standards in pet care, delivering comprehensive wellness solutions through our products and services, and creating communities that deepen the pet-pet parent bond. We operate more than 1,500 Petco locations across the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico, including a growing network of more than 150 in-store veterinary hospitals, and offer a complete online resource for pet health and wellness at petco.com and on the Petco app. In tandem with Petco Love (formerly the Petco Foundation), an independent nonprofit organization, we work with and support thousands of local animal welfare groups across the country and, through in-store adoption events, we've helped find homes for more than 6.5 million animals.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/petco-helps-pet-parents-include-pets-and-make-lasting-memories-throughout-the-holiday-season-301419172.html