As Employers Return to Offices, Petco Encourages Adding "Pet-Friendly" Employee Benefits
Survey shows nearly half of pet parents would consider switching jobs if it meant they could bring their pet to work
Employees across the
- 69% of pet parents are stressed about what returning to work means for their pets;
- nearly half want their employers to adopt a pet-friendly workplace; and,
- 41% say they would consider switching jobs if it meant they could bring their pet to work.
"After two years of remote work, employers returning to an in-office culture are looking for ways to make it a more positive experience for employees," said Petco SVP, Omnichannel Experience,
A pet-friendly workplace playbook and toolkit with information and resources on policy guidelines, etiquette, how to develop and implement an effective action plan, and more, is available to help employers transition their workplace into a safe, healthy and productive environment for both people and pets.
Benefits to employees when pets can accompany their parents to the office include:
- Improved physical health: The presence of animals may reduce heart rate and blood pressure.
- Reduced stress: Pets in the office can have a positive change on self-reported anxiety, calmness and endocrine responses.
- Increased productivity and creativity:
- Dogs encourage more breaks, which contributes to improved morale, productivity and focus.
- Breaks often occur outside, which is linked to increased creative ideation.
- Pet parents are less worried about pets at home without bathroom or exercise breaks and are able to stay and enjoy office happy hours or other activities.
Organizations that are looking to offer compelling new benefits, but may not be ready to commit to a pet-friendly office can still offer pet-friendly benefits like Petco Insurance or Petco's Vital Care membership program. With the Vital Care affiliate program, employees and customers of participating companies will have access to exclusive membership benefits and discounts within Vital Care's
For more information on National Pets at Work Day, the benefits of pet-friendly workplaces and key tips for employers considering going pet-friendly, visit petco.com/petsatwork.
*Statistics from 2021 Petco consumer survey of 2,001
Petco is a category-defining health and wellness company focused on improving the lives of pets, pet parents and our own Petco partners. Since our founding in 1965, we've been striving to set new standards in pet care, delivering comprehensive wellness solutions through our products and services, and creating communities that deepen the pet-pet parent bond. We operate more than 1,500 Petco locations across the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico, including a growing network of more than 150 in-store veterinary hospitals, and offer a complete online resource for pet health and wellness at petco.com and on the Petco app. In tandem with Petco Love (formerly the Petco Foundation), an independent nonprofit organization, we work with and support thousands of local animal welfare groups across the country and, through in-store adoption events, we've helped find homes for more than 6.5 million animals.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/as-employers-return-to-offices-petco-encourages-adding-pet-friendly-employee-benefits-301527988.html